But hello there.
How are you?
Glad to hear.
Things have been crazy for us. But if you want a drop in the bucket of all that's gone down, I recommend you go read my wife's awesome posts about our honeymoon.
- First off there's Iron Maiden, Iceland, and a bit of Paris.
- Then there's some more Paris, and me breaking my beloved camera's LCD screen.
- Next we make it to the Alps, spend the night on a bathroom floor, and Alp it up.
- To the top of the world, walking back down, and eating some fantastic cheese.
- We walk to the nearby town to change our train ticket, encounter cows, get rained on, encounter horses, have beer, and dry off.
- The two of us climb a peak, my wife falls apart, we get back down and have cocktails.
- After a night in an airport in Paris (another fun sleeping arrangement), we hit Poland and make it to Turkey. Beers in an awesome hostel, looking from the rooftop to the crossroads of civilization. Hot damn.
- I make it to Asia by boat, step foot in it, and leave. We feel imperial at the Hilton sipping cocktails. Spice Bazaar, palace, harem, cruise up the Bosphorus, Grand Bazaar, yet more rain.
- Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, and my wife is mistaken for my Russian "girlfriend".
- Off we go to central Turkey! We visit Ankara, see the skull of Midas, visit Atatürk's mausoleum, and spend the night in a cave.
- We see rock formations, an underground city, and enjoy Cappadocia some more.
- Our tour takes us to a cavern stop along the Silk Road, then we check out the peak of the town, watch a bad dog defile a section of town, and enjoy a lovely meal at a neat place.
- Another day in Cappadocia! We check out more ancient churches used for over a thousand years.
- Her final entry. Back to Istanbul for a day of shopping, and some recap photos of mine.
I still have yet to tag and properly organize my pictures, but jedimentat convinced me to just make them public anyway, a digital mess or not. You can find them over here. And here's a few highlights: